Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is the first and leading media organization in the region dedicated to promoting investigative journalism in Arab newsrooms, still a new practice.
The Amman-based ARIJ was formed in early 2005 to support independent quality professional journalism, through funding in-depth journalism projects, and offering training and media coaching. ARIJ helps journalists working in print, radio, TV and on-line media in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Bahrain, Palestine, Yemen and Tunisia.
The mission of ARIJ is to enhance excellence in investigative journalism, which is essential in a free society and remains key to ensure transparency, accountability and a diversity of views and opinions based on documented facts, research and multi-sources. We accomplish this by:
– Providing training, resources and a community of support to investigative journalists.
– Promoting high professional standards.
– Providing training on data encryption to protect journalists’ sources and files.
– Ensuring the future of ARIJ as a partner for several national investigative journalism chapters.
– Introducing new platforms for research and publication.